Thursday, August 20, 2009

I bow.




I bow to the Lord Jesus Christ
I empty my mind
To thee I prostrate.

I know all is empty
It has no inherent meaning
It is like a vapor, or a cloud.

“Vanity of vanities” as King Solomon expresses.

I pray that I see things as they truly are
That my meditation practice is of benefit
To what I perceive as self and other.

If concepts anger me, I know it is only
Because I do not know their true nature.

If I truly know their nature, empty
I do not attach and they do not plague.

If someone tells me “the purpose of …”
Is to be this or that, I know it is not true
In the truest sense of the word.

All borders, limits, ideas are a product of mind
And thus are subject to impermanence and emptiness nature.

I don’t limit God’s love to Buddhists, Muslim, Hindu, Christians
This is to place a limit on God.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, indeed. In my opinion, God is everything, and *in* everything. Jesus, like Buddha, was an enlightened soul. As such, God, Buddha, and Jesus are entitled to our bows as a sign of our reverent knowledge and respect for those who have the answers. Namaste'.

    p.s. I am "SereniTee", one of your "friends"
    on Twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete